LPN Supervisor in Buffalo, NY
Neighborhood Health Center Posted: 2022-05-09
Buffalo, NY 14201
Neighborhood Health Center (NHC) is GROWING and actively seeking an LPN Supervisor. The LPN Supervisor will have responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, providing direct leadership to the LPN desk nurses and MA support team, daily oversight, on-boarding of new employees, and department scheduling. For more than 30 years, NHC has delivered quality healthcare to the communities we serve.
- Provides direct leadership to the LPN desk nurses and MA support team including daily oversight, on-boarding of new employees, and department scheduling
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care team by communicating information, responding to requests, building rapport and participating in team problem solving methods
- Collaborates and successfully carries out, with the other nursing supervisors, recruitment, scheduling, training, development, coaching, performance appraisals, and, when necessary, progressive discipline of nursing staff to allow for a cohesive nursing team
- Develops, maintains and holds nursing department staff accountable to training protocols for all positions within the nursing department
- Maintains nursing job results by coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; plan, monitor, and appraise job results
- Intercedes to support patients in clinical issues and complaints as soon as able; assists in de-escalating, documenting, and supporting resolution
- Functions as a Licensed Practical Nurse in direct patient care
- Graduated from an accredited nursing school
- Five years’ nursing experience, minimum
- Must possess a current NYS LPN license
- Must have current CPR certification
There are many fantastic benefits to a career at NHC. We offer employees a kind, diverse, team-based work environment with competitive compensation and potential bonus, as well as comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance, 403b match, health savings accounts, generous paid time off and loan forgiveness, if applicable.
Neighborhood Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). FQHCs are required to comply with the governor's recent mandate requiring hospital and nursing home workers to get the COVID-19 vaccine. You will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination if an offer of employment is made. The vaccine mandate applies to all personnel employed or affiliated with a covered entity, including volunteers and students. Only a limited medical exemption remains for qualifying individuals.