Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in East Aurora, NY
Absolut Care - Aurora Park Posted: 2022-08-01
East Aurora, NY 14052
An Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides direct care for long-term and sub-acute residents and supervises the duties performed by the Certified Nurse Assistant to ensure the highest degree of quaility care.
A LPN works as a team member under the direction of the RN, Nurse Manager, Nursing Supervisor and/or Director of Nursing on a nursing unit.
In a weekend warrior position, the LPN will work two consecutive 12-hour shifts on either Saturday and Sunday or Sunday and Monday.
Upon completion of the two shifts, the position would include an additional 13.5 hours per week!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures the care and safety of all residents on the nursing unit
• Ensures that individual care plans are followed
• Administers and documents medications, treatments and other nursing services
• Makes a count of contrilled substances on the assigned nursing unit
• Documents current condition of assigned resident in EMR
• Receives and gives an accurate report of the resident condition at shift change
• Communicates to nurse team and medical provider as indicated and required
• Assists in the orientation of new staff
• Maintains competency in all tasks required by CMS
Please apply to the Company link