Licensed Practical Nurse in Lewiston, NY
Ascension Living - Our Lady of Peace Posted: 2021-03-26
Lewiston, NY 14092
Ascension Living Our Lady of Peace is looking for caring and compassionate licensed practical nurses to join our team! This beautiful community offers skilled nursing and long-term care in Lewiston, NY.
Full-time and part-time opportunities available
Why join Our Lady of Peace?
• Be part of a great team and culture
• Opportunities for advancement
• Generous PTO, excellent (and affordable) medical, dental, vision and retirement (with a match)
• Flexible scheduling and student friendly
• Tuition reimbursement, discount programs and more
What you will do
As an LPN, you will provide basic bedside care to long-term care patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) or physician, functioning within scope of license.
• Perform delegated resident care tasks in a timely and efficient manner
• Contribute to continuity of care and effective communication by documenting and reporting care provided and changes in the resident’s condition to the appropriate person in a timely manner
• Anticipate, recognize, report and respond to changes in resident/patient condition
• Implement interventions based upon the physician's medical plan and standards of care including medication and treatments with knowledge of therapeutic intent
• Assist residents and families with care planning, education and referrals
• Follow regulatory and ministry standards, policies, procedures and precautions in the performance of all job duties to ensure a safe work environment
• Assure resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate
• Assume responsibility for compliance with federal, state and local regulations within the assigned neighborhood
• Provides support with activities of daily living as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Completion of an accredited LPN program
• Valid license as a practical or vocational nurse in NY
• CPR certification preferred for assisted living; required for LTC upon hire, or obtain within thirty (30) days of employment
• A minimum of one-year experience as an LPN
• Supervisory experience
• Possesses working knowledge of state and federal regulations
Safety is our top priority. That is why we provide ongoing associate education, hands-on training and access to the latest in COVID testing and mitigation efforts.