Job Developer - PT in Amherst, NY
Autism Services, Inc. Posted: 2023-11-01
Amherst, NY 14228
Salary Range: $18.81/hrAutism Services is the only agency in WNY solely supporting autistic people. ASI provides a variety of individualized programs and services to support autistic children and adults, and their families.
We invite you to take part in our mission of creating meaningful opportunities that enrich the lives of autistic people, their families and their communities.
Competitive pay rates, excellent benefits, PTO, flexible hiring, 403b employer match, paid training and a creative work environment.
Job Developer Part-Time
To act as a liaison between the agency and the work experience site for the people we support. To locate, secure and coordinate the successful placement of the people we support; teach, monitor and provide support during their work experiences.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate and match the strengths and interests of the people we support to an
appropriate employment situation (individual placement, internship, work experience, etc.).
- Develop employment goals and plans for the people we support.
- Guide the people we support to meet goals with training and support.
- Evaluate and update goals as needed.
- Ensure program and documentation guidelines are met for all programs (SEMP, ETP, Pathway to Employment, ACCES-VR).
- Facilitate and support communications with and between the people we support, employers, co-workers and treatment team (including ACCES-VR counselor when appropriate).
- Assist the people we support with transportation needs by supporting with mobility training or individual transport.
- Responsible for being on time to every scheduled work shift and recording hours worked accurately via Paylocity or timeclock punches.
- Physical agility and ability to react to emergency situations, including Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP-R) certification as per regulatory guidelines.
Text INTERVIEW to (716) 364-3295 and schedule your interview today!
Apply online at www.autism-services-inc.org/careers, or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org