Job Developer in Buffalo, NY
Community Action Organization of WNY (CAO) Posted: 2020-10-09
Buffalo, NY 14214
Community Action Organization of Western New York has been serving over 56,000 individuals and families since 1965. With a commitment to educational advancement, workforce development, neighborhood revitalization, community health and economic advancement, we need talented people who want to make a difference in their community to join our team of professionals. Sound like you? Make the difference in the lives of others. Enrich your own life in the process.
* Under the direction of the Employment and Training Director, establishes and maintains activities to develop, locate, and secure job openings for CAO clients; markets programs and coordinates job resources; performs all other related duties as assigned.
* Job Development/Employer Support
* Initiates and maintains ongoing professional contact and relationships with a variety of company and industry representatives and job placement/training agencies to promote the services of the CAO E&T department for client placement.
* Makes cold calls to potential employers. Explains the benefits and employment support services provided by the CAO to employers, including addressing employer’s customized needs.
* Researches the internet, newspapers, agencies, and other resources for job leads.
* Collects data from employers related to job orders including job requirements and skills; matches job skills with applicant qualifications; refers qualified applicants to employers and conducts necessary follow-up when applicants are placed in positions.
* Stays updated on job fairs and Internet resources and participates in outreach and recruitment activities by coordinating and attending job fairs.
* Some college with at least 3 years’ experience in employment placement and counseling; minimum Associates Degree preferred.
* Experience working with at-risk/vulnerable populations.
* Experience in technical writing is desirable.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills a must.
* Knowledgeable of methods and techniques for job development and client placement
* Familiarity with local labor market trends and employment opportunities in both the private and public sectors in the Western New York area required.
* Must have strong presentation, sales and social media skills.
* Reliable transportation required. Must be able to travel efficiently throughout Erie County.