Immigration Associate in Buffalo, NY
Richards and Jurusik Posted: 2023-03-09
Buffalo, NY 14202
Great opportunity for an immigration lawyer who is looking to join a vibrant Immigration practice in a collaborative culture. The Associate will work with the Firm Partners and the paralegal team on all aspects of case preparation. Collaborative work environment, full benefits package, vacation, and paid time off.
* Preparation of both family and employment-based immigration flings.
* Preparation of applications for entry to Canada through criminal rehabilitation, temporary resident permits, and deemed rehabilitation.
* Extensive communication with government agencies and clients.
* Proactive consideration of all stages of the case.
* Docket review and managing visa expiration dates.
* Partner with attorneys to improve client processes.
* Assist on special projects as needed.
* Experience in immigration and a law firm environment preferred.
* Outstanding client service.
* Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong organizational and administrative skills.
* Excellent attention to detail and ability to execute through to completion.
* Creative problem-solving skills, reasoning ability, and logical thought process.
* Ability to work under pressure, and prioritize competing demands to meet various deadlines.
* Demonstrated ability to professionally interact and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Enthusiastic, proactive, and positive attitude.
* Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion.
* Self-motivated to produce quality, consistent work.
* High level of integrity and honesty.
* Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Google Office. The ability to quickly get up to speed and master new applications and software is critical.
* J.D. or the equivalent. Will consider 3Ls.