Heavy Equipment Mechanic in Williamsville, NY
New Enterprise Stone & Lime Posted: 2021-11-16
Williamsville, NY 14221
New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co., Inc. (NESL) is a privately held company, priding itself on being Pennsylvania’s largest aggregate producer/supplier and not to mention, leader in heavy highway construction. Founded in 1924, the company boasts over 2,200 employees helping to build America from the ground up! Headquartered in New Enterprise, PA, our footprint encompasses 59 quarries, 3 sand deposits, 30 hot mix asphalt plants, 19 fixed and portable ready mix concrete plants and 3 lime distribution centers throughout PA and Western NY.
And…we are GROWING!
Job Title: Heavy Duty Mechanic
We are seeking Mechanics to be based in Western NY. The successful candidate plays an integral role in ensuring that NESL trucks, heavy equipment and other equipment maintains full functionality to minimize downtown and maximize productivity. The primary responsibility of the Mechanic is to perform preventative maintenance on blacktop, concrete, crushing plant. heavy highway, paving and shop equipment.
What you will do:
• Perform preventative maintenance on NESL equipment;
• Complete general maintenance, repairs, troubleshoot and diagnosis of trucks and equipment;
• Inspect and maintain equipment in good working condition;
• Complete work-orders and maintain accurate and timely records;
• Read service manuals;
• Effectively communicate with teammates on worksite;
• Represent NESL with the utmost professionalism.
What you will need:
• High School Graduate/GED;
• Post-secondary training in mechanics or diesel preferred, or 2 years of experience in lieu of training;
• Able to successfully pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, audiogram, MVR and background check;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
• Laser focus attention to detail with the discipline to ensure accurate and quality work;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• Capable and willingness to work 8+ hour shift during day/night/weekend hours to meet business demands;
• Ability and willingness to work in a variety of weather conditions such as heat, cold, wind, rain and dusty environments;
• Capable and willingness to travel to job sites within a defined geographic territory;
• CAT SIS experience and experience on Cat, Volvo, and Hitachi equipment.
Developing your career at NESL you will:
-Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people and communities we serve;
-Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
-Thrive in a people-driven family owned company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co., Inc. is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Minorities and females are encouraged to apply.