Health Coordinator in Buffalo, NY
Community Action Organization of WNY (CAO) Posted: 2020-12-14
Buffalo, NY 14214
Community Action Organization of Western New York has been serving over 56,000 individuals and families since 1965. With a commitment to educational advancement, workforce development, neighborhood revitalization, community health and economic advancement, we need talented people who want to make a difference in their community to join our team of professionals. Sound like you? Make the difference in the lives of others. Enrich your own life in the process.
Responsible for the coordination, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of Head Start /Early Head Start Health Services to children and families, as outlined in the Head Start Performance Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
• The implantation and supervision of all requirements outlined in the Performance Standards regarding health.
• Meets regularly with coordinator Team for necessary coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Health Content Area
• Provides training and technical assistance to staff as they relate to the implementation of the Health Content Area.
• Coordinates, contacts and linkages with community resources and agencies for staff and families with health needs.
• Responsible for staff’s maintenance of accurate records pertaining to health.
• Reviews records regularly, provides results of monitoring to the supervisory team and director.
• Receives and responds to referrals from staff regarding health needs of children and families.
• Coordinates program presentations and provides educational and/ or resource information for staff and parents pertaining to health.
• Works closely and cooperatively with all staff members to meet the goals and objectives set forth in the Head/Start Performance Standards and Service Area Plans.
• Participates in Pre-service and in- service training related to job responsibilities.
• Participates as a member of the Child Study/Family Study Team process
• Responsible for forwarding and implementing the completed New York State Immunization Survey to NYSDOH.
• Responsible for providing Medication Administration Training (MAT), as certified by the Office of Children and Family (NYS Day Care licensing division) to all designated Head Start/EHS staff so staff may be certified in MAT.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Nursing or R.N., Health Administration, or Public Health and one (1) year health related experience. Experience with low-income children and families preferred.
Associate’s degree in Nursing or R.N., one (1) year health related experience. Experience with low-income children and families preferred.
License Practical Nurse LPN R.N., two (2) years health related experience. Experience with low-income children and families preferred.