Harm Reduction Counselor in Buffalo , NY
Cazenovia Recovery Systems Posted: 2022-06-22
Buffalo , NY 14214
Cazenovia Recovery is a great place to work! We offer many benefits and extras to our staff members.
This position is responsible for assisting in the development of relapse prevention planning for residents. This position is available at our Housing Department in Buffalo.
• Responsible for an average caseload of 23 residents.
• Monitors resident involvement and participation in a recovery support network.
• Makes referrals, coordinates services, and maintains regular and on-going consultations with other organizations.
• Facilities group and individual counseling sessions.
• Supports and encourages resident participation in community self-help groups.
• Conducts breathalyzer and toxicology screenings.
• Facilitates new resident assessments, admissions, and orientations.
• Completes documentation per agency requirements.
• Data input and word processing.
• Is available for on-call responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field and a minimum of 1 year of counseling experience (must possess and maintain a QHP status ); or
• Associate’s degree in Human Services or related field and a minimum of 2 years of counseling experience (must posses and maintain a QHP status ;
• Must posses a New York State driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
Please apply at the link below