General Manager in Jamestown, NY
National Comedy Center, Inc. Posted: 2021-06-11
Jamestown, NY 14701
The National Comedy Center of Jamestown, NY seeks a full-time General Manager for this United States' congressionally-designated cultural institution dedicated to presenting the vital story of comedy and preserving its heritage for future generations.
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance and Operations, the newly created General Manager position supports management of the National Comedy Center visitor attraction and Lucille Ball - Desi Arnaz Museum attraction while maintaining a presence during the highest weekly traffic periods; and overseeing operational execution of on-site activities and events.
Partial List of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide support to the VP of Finance and Operations in the day-to-day running of the visitor attractions. Evaluate all operational resources to maximize and improve performance/expectations.
• Implement, enforce, manage and continually evaluate operational procedures and processes in accordance with established Center standards.
• Coordinate with all departments to manage their operational needs to execute on-site activity - including but not limited to Group, Venue, Programming, Marketing and Archives departments.
• Oversee operational execution of high-traffic visitor days, activities and events, with an emphasis on Thursday - Sunday availability.
• Oversee the effective application of safety protocols and risk assessment to ensure a safe environment for all Guests and Team Members.
• Ensure that all cleanliness and maintenance standards of the attractions are met.
• Oversee access control/security of the Center’s properties, artifacts and assets.
The successful candidate must bring 5-10 years of operational experience, preferably in a highly-visible establishment open to the public where service and excellence are valued.
About the National Comedy Center:
Based on comedy legend Lucille Ball's vision for her hometown to become a destination for the celebration of comedy, the Center's exclusive collections, world-class exhibits, and cutting-edge technology showcase the time-honed creative processes that have elevated comedy to an artform. Visitors are educated, inspired, and entertained by more than 50 interactive exhibits within the 37,000-square-foot attraction.
USA Today named the National Comedy Center the “Best New Museum in the Country.” Time magazine designated the Center one of 100 "World's Greatest Places," and People magazine named it one of 100 "Reasons to Love America." Visitors from all 50 states and 17 countries have given the National Comedy Center a rare 5/5 rating on TripAdvisor, ranking it among the highest-rated destinations in the attractions and tourism industry.
Apply by sending a cover letter and resumé to RichKoerner, Human Resources Representative at quick apply.