Forklift Operator in Lackawanna, NY
Compass Minerals Posted: Jul 27, 2020
Lackawanna, NY 14218
Producing and packaging its minerals at locations throughout the U.S., Canada,
Brazil and the U.K., Compass Minerals’ mission is to be the best essential minerals
company by safely delivering where and when it matters. Our site in Buffalo,
New York, is hiring a Forklift Operator.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct safety inspection at the beginning of every shift
• Support production and housekeeping efforts of other Operators
• Operate forklift and front-end loader for receipt of materials, place
finished goods into inventory and loading trucks
• Rework non-conforming stock including re-wrapping and re-palletizing finished
• Monitor packaging area for cleanliness and perform housekeeping in all areas
In the plant as required
• Assist other Operators to make sure packaging area is set up for the
• Accurately complete production paperwork and equipment checklists daily
Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent
• At least 1-2 years of experience in a processing and packaging plant, or similar, is preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use
hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk and hear. The employee is also required to stand,
walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must
frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this position, or any other open position at Compass Minerals,
please visit the Careers page at compassminerals.com.
Compass Minerals is an equal opportunity employer that hires and promotes the
best candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
disability or sexual orientation.