Fleet Mechanic in North Tonawanda, NY
Bedore Tours Bus Company Posted: Aug 5, 2020
North Tonawanda, NY 14120
Wheatfield Bus Company is looking for a Diesel/Gas Mechanic to help maintain and repair its fleet of minibuses and Motorcoaches. Training provided for Motorcoach systems. Vehicle and Shop safety of utmost importance. Must be able to contribute towards providing safe, dependable, and comfortable transportation for our customers. Day shift M-F.
Must pass DOT physical, drug screening and background check.
- Competitive compensation, rate based on experience
- Paid medical insurance
- A 401K with employer match - Paid vacations - Holiday pay - Annual reviews
- Have or be able to obtain CDL class B license
- Certified to work on Air conditioning systems
- Ability to read Electrical Diagrams/ Diagnose Electrical Problems
- Experience Working on Air Brake Systems
- Professional manner and appearance, with flexible and positive attitude, as well as good organizational and time management skills.
Job responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Repair and maintain all fleet vehicles, ranging from 56 passenger motor coaches to 15 passenger vans
- Prepare all vehicles for NYS DOT inspections, as well as daily customer use.
- Perform routine maintenance on all fleet vehicles, such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment.
- Inspect and change any steering, suspension or brake components as needed.
- Must be able to share "on Call" phone in event of breakdowns or maintenance issues after hours.