Field Service Technician in Buffalo, NY
The LAMAC Group Posted: 2020-11-13
Buffalo, NY 14226
This position is responsible for installation, monitoring and servicing on board camera systems, other technologies and components for commercial vehicles in the Waste Industry. This is a 100% traveling position to customer sites for installation and service calls.
• Install technology components according to company and industry standards
• Track installations and service jobs through dispatching/reporting tools provided by the company
• Maintain a daily log within company policy to report start and finish times, job/truck details, hours and specific job details
• Proactively planning and communicating with customer to meet high customer satisfaction expectations
• Manage and maintain inventory needs and proactively prepare for each job
• Report any issues or problems during the installation process to headquarters
• Comply with work safety rules and regulations
• Basic/moderate understanding of commercial vehicles components
• Ability to work in tight spaces, under vehicles, long hours and outside in the elements
• Basic ability to run wires, install computer screens and other technology components related to on-board camera systems
• Exceptional customer service awareness and ability to speak and communicate with customers effectively
• Ability to work independently and within a team
• Strong troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
• Self-motivated, organized and detail orientated
• Ability to travel 100% of your work schedule within our North East Territory
• Safely operate and maintain company truck used for transportation to and from job sites
• While performing the duties of this job, the team member is continuously standing, repetitively grasping and repetitively using fine manipulation with the hands
• May be frequently required to walk, bend, or twist as well as repetitively push or pull.
• Must be able to lift 10-20 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to work under commercial trucks with or without bay access
Entry Level Contract Position Starting at $40,000