Farm Market Assistant in Buffalo, NY
FeedMore WNY Posted: 2021-09-29
Buffalo, NY 14206
FeedMore WNY has the following opening available. FARM Market Assistant
FeedMore WNY is seeking a FARM Market Assistant for its mobile market. The FARM Market Assistant is responsible for serving diverse groups of people and communities, ensuring safe, timely and efficient market operations at each site as assigned by their daily route and schedule. Daily responsibilities include loading/unloading the FARM Market vehicle, inventory management, providing exemplary customer service, money handling and use of point of sale system, data collection and volunteer supervision.
• Provide exemplary customer service to FARM Market Customers and others
• Represents FeedMore WNY in a professional manner at all times when interfacing with customers, donors, volunteers and/or constituent providers
• Promotes FeedMore WNY Nutrition Education initiatives at market sites
• Follows assigned route and schedule arriving at each market site on time; Helps to identify potential locations for new market sites
• Responsible for recording all sales in Point-of-Sale (POS) system
• Stock/Restock FARM Market vehicle as needed
• Track and control inventory daily
• Observes all safety policies and procedures as required by FeedMore WNY policies and DOT regulations
• Serve as the point person for FeedMore WNY volunteers and interns.
• Help train and onboard new volunteers and interns.
• Education and experience in community nutrition/public health working with low-income populations
• Flexibility in scheduling is required
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and public relations skills
• Current ServSafe or other food safety certification PERFERRED
• Current & valid NYS driver’s license and access to an automobile
• Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 50 lbs.
To apply send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Human Resources Department
100 James E. Casey Dr.
Buffalo, NY 14206
Or apply on our website with the link below.
FeedMoreWNY is an Equal Opportunity employer: M/F/D/V/SO