Family and Public Programs Specialist in Buffalo, NY
Buffalo Zoo Posted: 2021-04-13
Buffalo, NY 14214
Part-Time Coordinate/instruct education programs - Zoo Camps, early childhood programs, overnight programs, family workshops/clubs. Participates in hiring of instructors to support onsite programs. Oversees care/maintenance of Tree House Play Space, interpretive exhibit components, and signage. Assists with husbandry care of education department’s animal collection as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in zoo-related science and/or education or Associate’s degree and equivalent experience.
• Minimum six months teaching/public speaking or equivalent.
• Animal handling experience preferred.
• Required to work some evenings, weekends, holidays.
• Proof of negative tuberculosis test upon hire.
• Refer to full posting on website.
Part-time non-exempt hourly position. Rate $15.00 per hour.
Send completed application/resume by May 3, 2021 to:
Buffalo Zoo, 300 Parkside Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14214, Attn: Family and Public Programs Specialist PT
Or email application/resume below
Equal Opportunity Employer
Buffalo Zoo is an At Will employer and all Buffalo Zoo employees are subject to employment eligibility and background security checks as well as testing for illegal substance use as allowed by law.