Events Programming Manager in Jamestown, NY
The National Comedy Center, Inc. Posted: 2022-06-21
Jamestown, NY 14701
The National Comedy Center, the United States’ official cultural institution and museum dedicated to presenting the vital story of comedy and preserving its heritage for future generations, is seeking a full-time, year-round Events Programming Manager. Reporting to the Director of Programming and Guest Experience, the Events Programming Manager develops and executes special events programming (both public and private) including the annual Lucille Ball Comedy Festival and year-round programming. Prior experience should include at least 5+ years’ experience in comedy, theater, or festival programming; including working/negotiating with major talent agencies.
• Assist in developing and executing a year-round calendar of events including programing of stand-up performances, special events, round-table discussions, and other events consistent with the Center’s mission.
• Produce the Lucille Ball Comedy Festival.
• Collaborate with the Development Department on event and festival sponsorship.
• Coordinate artist agreements and contracts; and serve as a liaison between artists and agencies on behalf of the Center.
• Consult with Marketing Department on promotion and press relating to special events and functions.
• Proven ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment.
• Able to take ownership of problem situations using proper judgment to find possible solutions or alternatives.
• Leadership skills necessary for responding with conviction.
• Enthusiasm for working in an organization where change is frequent, structure is evolving, and flexibility, teamwork, and good humor are absolute necessities.
• The ability to provide outstanding hospitality to festival/museum guests and performers.
• Theatrical experience including knowledge of stage management and QLab is strongly preferred.
• Experience in organizing and executing events of varying sizes with a keen eye for detail.
• Basic knowledge of photoshop and graphic design is strongly preferred.
This position is based on-site at the National Comedy Center in Jamestown, NY.
Apply by sending a cover letter and resumé to: direct apply.
Human Resources Representative
Based on comedy legend Lucille Ball's vision for her hometown to become a destination for the celebration of comedy, the National Comedy Center's exclusive collections, world-class exhibits, and cutting-edge technology showcase the time-honed creative processes that have elevated comedy to an art form. Visitors are educated, inspired and entertained by more than 50 immersive exhibits within the 37,000-square-foot attraction, which takes them on an interactive journey through comedy history, from early vaudeville to the latest viral memes. The non-profit National Comedy Center is located in Jamestown, NY.