Equipment Operator, Afternoon Shift in Buffalo, NY
Umbra, LLC Posted: Jul 29, 2020
Buffalo, NY 14212
Job title: Equipment Operator, Afternoon Shift
Location: 1705 Broadway, Buffalo, New York
About this role…
Are you a reliable, experienced Equipment Operator skilled in forklift and material equipment operation in a busy warehouse environment?
What you’ll do to be successful…
• Operate forklift and material handling equipment to receive, locate or ship skids of product. • Load and unload manually product to/from skids, platforms, containers, trucks and lifting devices. • Record product status and location using RF technology. • Process and complete required documentation, meeting Company quality and quantity standards, using SAP computer system. • Suggest improvements in efficiency, productivity, safety and communications in work area. • Report any incidents, vehicle defects or damage to Operations Supervisor.
• Ensure daily cleanliness of work station and maintain a safe and productive work area by minimizing hazards and preventing accidents.
What you’ll bring to be successful…
• 1 to 3 years of machine operating experience in a multi-cultural environment with a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Demonstrated aptitude for learning and ability to apply knowledge on the job.
• Good knowledge of Excel and computer reporting tools; SAP knowledge is an asset.
• Able to withstand prolonged standing and lift from 10 to 80 lbs. of weight on a frequent basis.
• Solid knowledge of radio frequency technology, warehouse management software, and forklift (counterbalance) machine operation. Forklift operator certification is strongly preferred.
• Punctual, reliable and conscientious with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proven success in meeting performance goals and metrics on a regular basis.
• Good English oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively as part of a team.
• Excellent time management, organization and planning skills with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines in a fast-paced warehouse environment.
• Good work ethic with proven ability to prioritize, multitask and adapt to changing priorities with a positive “can do” attitude.
• Flexible to work afternoon and evening hours and a variety of work assignments to meet customer commitments, quality and production targets.
What we offer… • Competitive compensation and incentive plans • Afternoon shift premium
• Employer-subsidized group medical insurance • Company-matched 401K plan • Generous employee product discount • Opportunity for personal development and advancement • Free staff parking and accessible by public transit
How to join our global team … If this career opportunity is right up your alley, indicate “Equipment Operator” on your resume and apply online at:
We’re Umbra …A leading global design company
We share a vision of creating original, modern, casual and affordable design for every room in the home. We are a privately owned, Canadian company with 40 years of industry experience. Led by one of our founders, our designs can be found in over 120 countries across five continents. Our global success is attributed to our entrepreneurial nature and a desire to push ourselves, and each other, beyond our limits