Engineer II in Lockport, NY
Advanced Energy Posted: 2021-11-04
Lockport, NY 14094
Performs engineering work in applied research, design, development, testing, manufacturing, and documentation of products or systems.
Works with customers to understand equipment/system requirements.
Uses research techniques to analyze and validate design or theory concepts.
Provides direction to engineers and engineering technicians related to program specific work.
Possesses some internal and external contacts of technical relevance.
• Responsible for the design and analysis of systems, products, and subsystems/circuits to specification, cost, budget, schedule, and quality goals.
• Responsible to diagnose issues of moderate scope with design, field performance, reliability and test yields of products and recommend/implement corrective actions to address
• Responsible for many aspects of programs or projects and the corresponding administrative documentation and paperwork.
• Follows key engineering procedures including the Product Development Process and ECO process
• Standard office environment utilizing standard office equipment, a noisy fast-paced lab, and/or clean room 95% of the time.
• Must be able to travel 5% of the time. Travel involves international and domestic travel to remote sites, customers and vendors.
• Ability to follow standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be obtained
• Ability to learn and use professional concepts appropriate to engineering, including analytical methods, computer aided analysis and design tools, diagnostic instruments and test equipment, lab skills appropriate to design, selecting appropriate components and materials for designs
• Ability to apply company policies and procedures to solve routine issues
• Ability to exercise independent judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Proven ability to use professional concepts appropriate to engineering, including analytical methods, computer aided analysis and design tools, diagnostic instruments and test equipment, lab skills appropriate to design, selecting appropriate components and materials for designs.
• Ability to function within environment where general instructions on routine work is received and detailed instructions on new projects or assignments are received.
• Ability to solve complex technical problems with minimal assistance
• Increasing verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience with influencing in difficult situations
Two to three years of engineering experience.
Bachelors degree in Engineering/Science or similar.
Please apply with resume below
Advanced Energy is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.