Employment & Training Job Developer in Buffalo, NY
Community Action Organization of WNY (CAO) Posted: Jul 20, 2020
Buffalo, NY 14214
Community Action Organization of Western New York has been serving over 56,000 individuals and families since 1965. With a commitment to educational advancement, workforce development, neighborhood revitalization, community health and economic advancement, we need talented people who want to make a difference in their community to join our team of professionals. Sound like you? Make the difference in the lives of others. Enrich your own life in the process.
Under the direction of the Employment and Training Director, establishes and maintains activities to develop, locate, and secure job openings for CAO clients; markets programs and coordinates job resources; performs all other related duties as assigned.
Job Development/Employer Support:
* Initiates and maintains ongoing professional contact and relationships with a variety of company and industry representatives and job placement/training agencies to promote the services of the CAO E&T department for client placement.
* Makes cold calls to potential employers. Explains the benefits and employment support services provided by the CAO to employers, including addressing employer’s customized needs.
* Researches the internet, newspapers, agencies, and other resources for job leads.
* Collects data from employers related to job orders including job requirements and skills; matches job skills with applicant qualifications; refers qualified applicants to employers and conducts necessary follow-up when applicants are placed in positions.
* Stays updated on job fairs and Internet resources and participates in outreach and recruitment activities by coordinating and attending job fairs.
* Assists clients in assessing their job skills for positions. This would include, but would not be limited to, assistance with job applications, resume writing and interview preparation.
* Provides job search/career information workshops and presentations.
* Provides labor market and community resource information.
* Monitors client performance on the job and provides guidance when job performance is not satisfactory.
* Maintains contact with employers during the client’s employment.
Education and Experience
* Any combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties as described.
* Some college with at least 3 years’ experience in employment placement and counseling; minimum Associates Degree preferred.
* Experience working with at-risk/vulnerable populations.
* Experience in technical writing is desirable.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills a must.
* Knowledgeable of methods and techniques for job development and client placement
* Familiarity with local labor market trends and employment opportunities in both the private and public sectors in the Western New York area required.
* Must have strong presentation, sales and social media skills.
* Reliable transportation required. Must be able to travel efficiently throughout Erie County.