Electronic Technician in Mineral Springs, NY
National Fuel Posted: 2020-11-16
Mineral Springs, NY 14210
Primary Responsibilities :
An Electronic Technician is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of electrical power circuits and equipment, control and automation systems, and electronic equipment used in pipeline systems, compressor stations, as well as interconnect and measurement facilities.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a position within the Company’s collective bargaining unit with an hourly rate of pay of $32.79 and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Responsibilities will include:
• Installation, inspection, maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting of electronic equipment such as telemetering, programmable logic controllers (including Allen-Bradley), modems, transducers, sensing devices, radio & satellite equipment, remote terminal units, computer interface equipment and cabling.
• Maintain power distribution systems including motor control centers, UPS, generators, and variable frequency drives.
• Provide coverage for electrical, mechanical, instrumentation and control logic systems for natural gas powered engines and turbines as well as reciprocating and centrifugal gas compressors. Provide inspection for construction and/or maintenance activities performed by third parties for compliance with safety, regulatory requirements, and NEC (National Electrical Code).
• Work with multiple departments to maintain and improve the reliability of company facilities.
• Possess an Associate’s Degree in Electronics or have equivalent work experience and a valid driver’s license.
• Have demonstrated experience and a thorough knowledge of NFPA National Electrical Code, single & three phase systems, digital & analog electronics, electronic test equipment, wiring methods and safety practices.
• Have proven technical abilities, mechanical aptitude, the ability to quickly solve problems, and strong computer skills for diagnostics and installation of equipment.
• Possess outstanding leadership and supervisory skills to take a leading role in electrical and automation systems.
• Be able to work outdoors in all types of weather and the ability to work in and around hazards and difficult to reach areas.
The ability to successfully work independently as well as within a team environment is required.
• Live within a reasonable commute of our Mineral Springs, NY location at 365 Mineral Springs Rd, Buffalo, NY 14210 or be
willing to relocate.
Candidates may be given 6 months from their hire date to permanently relocate.
• Availability to work Monday through Friday from 8:00 am and 4:30 pm and may include off hours, weekends, and holidays.
The successful candidate will be required to pass a DOT mandated drug test, as well as participate in random drug testing. The DOT maintains a list of banned substances which includes marijuana, even if prescribed for medicinal purposes.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES, WOMEN, DISABLED, PROTECTED VETERANS