Electrician - Electronics in Buffalo, NY
Aurubis Buffalo, Inc. Posted: 2023-02-20
Buffalo, NY 14207
Aurubis Buffalo, Inc., a leading US manufacturer of copper-alloy sheet and strip products, is seeking talented individuals to join our team!
These salaried positions pay: $37.00/hr.!
• To layout, install, test, troubleshoot, and make necessary adjustments to all electrical, electronic, instrument, and combustion control equipment using programmable controllers, and print readings.
• To fill out logbooks for building history of equipment and communications to other shifts and personnel.
* Participate in continuous improvement of ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 50001 programs and procedures though active participation in the near miss program
* Handles containerizing and labeling universal wastes including batteries and lamps, as well as spent aerosol cans (HW).
Tools and Equipment: Oscilloscope, transistor checker, capacitor checker, electronic and electrical prints, instruction manuals, brush recorder, volt and ohm meter, potentiometer, amperage probe, meggar, conduits, threader, related hand tools, etc. use of construction tools and equipment. Uses all types of test equipment used in checking or troubleshooting all types of equipment. Computer terminals, assorted PLCs, etc.
Materials: Thyristor assembly, printed circuit boards, generators, transformers, condensers, regulators, circuit breakers, switches, AC & DC motors, cable and wire. Hand tools, electrical apparatus, national electric code, reference books, and electronic hardware.
1) Receives service order from management; reads electronic or electrical prints and makes necessary preparations such as securing the necessary tools, equipment, and materials. Lays out work procedure.
2) Repairs, maintains, tests, and adjusts all industrial electronic and electrical equipment. Must be able to correctly use all testing equipment and instruction manuals as required.
3) Must be able to analyze, locate, and eliminate troubles in various types of electronic and electrical equipment in the plant such as x-ray gauges, automatic screw-down controls, pinhole detectors, motorized valves, relay control panels, motorized rheostats, magnetic amplifiers, electronic variable speed drives, amplidyne control systems, etc.
4) Performs all types of electronic and electrical jobs, both maintenance and construction. Lays out, installs, and places equipment in operation with the aid of proper diagrams, prints, and manuals. May be required to perform inside or outside construction work.
5) Performs preventive maintenance work and must be able to thoroughly adjust, clean, and repair all types of electronic and electrical equipment, and analyze the condition of the equipment; make suggestions and complete required reports.
6) Responsible for making judgments as to whether or not to implement a stoppage in production in order to correct a quality problem. Employee is directly responsible for product quality and in ensuring quality measures are met.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE/AA - Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran