Electrical Designer in Buffalo, NY
Allied Circuits Posted: 2021-05-28
Buffalo, NY 14206
The Leader in Custom Control Panels. Known for high-quality craftsmanship since 1987, Allied Circuits designs, programs, manufactures and integrates industrial control panels and systems across multiple business segments.
The Electrical Designer is responsible for understanding, designing and implementing UL508 control panel standards; in conjunction with customer specifications and system requirements. Supporting projects from the design stage through commissioning.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design new control panels to be sold to customers of Allied Circuits
• Understand and implement UL508 standards in approving such control panels
• Draft working drawings, wiring diagrams, and wiring connection specifications as required
• Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets to be checked by the Project Engineers
• Review completed drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations
• Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems
• Explain drawings to production teams and provide adjustments as necessary
• Work with clients, suppliers and contractors to improve the overall performance of the product
• Prepare and interpret specifications, calculating weights, volumes, and stress factors
• Support team creating CAD drawings for CNC machine.
• Perform any additionally assigned duties as requested
• Associates degree in drafting
• 3 years previous related experience, or;
• An acceptable combination of education & experience
• Possess a functional working knowledge of MS Office
• Proficiency in AutoCAD Electrical software
• Maintain an excellent and up-to-date grasp of engineering & design principles
• Utilize a creative approach for generating new ideas
• Have good team working skills
• Possess strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
• Exercise 100% accuracy in all functions of the position
• May occasionally be required to use their personal vehicle with reimbursements at standard mileage rates
Please mail resume to email@example.com via Quick Apply or Apply on our website:
Allied Circuits, Attn: HR
22 James E Casey Dr.
Buffalo, NY 14206