Electrical Assembler in Buffalo , NY
SoPark Posted: Jul 17, 2020
Buffalo , NY 14218
SoPark Corporation, a contract electronics service provider supplying OEM’s with printed circuit board and electromechanical assemblies is looking to fill the following position:
Electrical Assembler - 2nd shift
The Electrical Assembler Assembles electronic components, subassemblies, products, or systems by performing the following duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Locate and retrieve procedures and/or work instructions; set up workstations; prepare printed circuit boards; prepare components for assembly.
- Install components demonstrating proper component identification skill, sequence of hand placed parts, polarity, placement of large heat-producing components, resistors and jumper wires as required.
- Experience soldering with ROHS and leaded solder.
- Demonstrate proper use of equipment including soldering irons, soldering tips, fixtures, board depaneller, board washer.
- Ensures all thru-hole components are installed correctly; removes and replaces thru-hole components as required.
- Place SMT components by hand; removes and replaces SMT chips.
- Check printed circuit board for proper component placement, solder defects, missing, raised or reversed components and quality workmanship per work instruction. This will require using a microscope.
- Understand line flow and process capability
- Demonstrate acceptable skill levels in soldering and performing minor rework.
Requirements: Minimum of one-year certificate from a college or technical school; two-years related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Previous soldering experience and knowledge required.