Educator - Bilingual (Span/Eng) in Brockport, NY
Brockport Migrant Education Program Posted: 2021-08-24
Brockport, NY 14420
Research Foundation for State University of New York
350 New Campus Drive
Brockport, New York 14420-2932
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
JOB TITLE: Migrant Educator (Bilingual)
LOCATION: Brockport Migrant Education Program -- SUNY Brockport SALARY RANGE: $15.00-16.00/ hour
Part-Time: Up to 37.5 hours/week (some evenings)
Function and Scope: The Brockport Migrant Education Program is a Title I federally funded program that provides educational support to the children of migratory agricultural workers in Monroe, Orleans and Niagara Counties. Migrant Educators provide advocacy leading to self-advocacy and tutoring support to eligible students age 3- 21.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES INCLUDING LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED:
• Assess the needs of every migrant child within a specified service area and plan appropriate interventions, which will enable each student to reach a high standard of academic performance.
• Provide tutorial services to at risk students either through virtual platforms or in-person following approved safety guidelines.
• Provide advocacy by linking with service providers in the area and referring students and families as needed.
• Provide advocacy within the school district to support appropriate grade placement for students, entrance into special programs as needed, access to interpretation, and other district provided requirements.
• Support students and parents to develop skills for self-advocacy.
• Support communication between assigned school district and parents through home contact on a regular basis.
• Transport students/ parents for Program activities when necessary and following approved safety guidelines.
• Participate in Migrant Education Parent Engagement meetings and student enrichment activities.
• Attend local and State professional development training and meetings using virtual platforms.
• Maintain records on every assigned student that includes a statement of goals, a plan of action, periodic updates and record of supplemental services provided. Fulfill data collection requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
• Bilingual (English-Spanish)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Post secondary education, preferably a B. S. Degree
• Career goals related to education
• Driver's license and reliable vehicle
• Ability to work with a culturally diverse population
• Teaching/ tutoring experience
• Excellent math skills
• Request application and forward credentials.
• Work sites in Orleans & Niagara Counties.
• Includes some evening and weekend hours
• This position is a Research Foundation for The State University of New York (RF) position and is subject to The Research Foundation for SUNY policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines, and the availability of funding< 2 l. All finalists for this position will be subject to suitable pre-employment back-ground investigation and may include confirmation of credentialing. Offers may not be extended until we receive a positive outcome from the pre employment background investigation.
• The Research Foundation for The State University of New York (RF) is a private non-profit educational corporation. The RF is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. RF employees are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. The RF operates under a contract with The State University of New York and receives no directly appropriated state funding.
• Applicants will not be reimbursed for any travel expenses.
• Research Foundation employees working more than 50% of the time receive fringe benefits.
For more information, check our website https://www.brockport.edu/academics/migrant_education/ or rfsuny.org
Beginning Review Date: On Going
Please call if interested: 585-395-2356
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York (RF) is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in employment for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, familial status, military status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, genetic characteristics/genetic information, or any other trait protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all employment practices including recruitment, advertising, selection, hiring, promotion, upgrade, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, return from layoff, performance evaluation, rate of pay or other forms of compensation and fringe benefits, and selection for training and development.