Education Program Coordinator in Amherst, NY
Autism Services, Inc. Posted: Jul 29, 2020
Amherst, NY 14228
Come experience the talents our artists, musicians and performers have to offer while building your career! At Autism Services, Inc. our unique philosophy and dedicated staff empower people with autism to be themselves at home, school, and in the community.
* New Increased Pay Rate
* Phone interviews and online training available.
Position highlights include:
1. Perfect opportunity for a special education teacher, related-services provider, or other professional from a related field who is looking to make a successful transition into a school leadership position. This position supports candidates required to complete internship requirements for School Building Leader (SBL) and/or School District Leader (SDL) certification programs.
2. Ability to work in a small school program, enabling administrators to develop meaningful connections with all staff, students, and families.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
To assist the Education Director in ensuring provision of Educational Services which meet the regulations of the State Education Department for students enrolled at Autism Services, Inc.
1. Masters Degree in Special Education.
2. Valid New York State teaching certification for Students with Disabilities.
3. Currently working towards a certification in either School Building Leader or School District Leader. Or the ability to pursue (i.e. meet college and New York State requirements) and the willingness to commit to achieving a certification in either School Building Leader or School District Leader.
4. Three or more years teaching experience preferred.
5. Experience working with people with developmental disabilities preferred.
To apply online: