Dock Worker in Buffalo, NY
Umbra, LLC Posted: 2021-09-29
Buffalo, NY 14212
Are you seeking stable employment with a reputable organization that offers a solid compensation plan? Umbra is growing rapidly and we are looking for new members to join our team due to company growth.
• UP TO $19 PER HOUR
• YOU CAN BE ELIGIBLE FOR UP TO $3000 OF BONUSES!
* $200 BONUS ON YOUR FIRST PAY - NEW HIRES WHO SHOW PROOF OF THEIR COVID-19 VACCINATION
* $300 SIGNING BONUS
* $300 RETENTION BONUS, PAYABLE AFTER 3 MONTHS OF EMPLOYMENT
* $1200 REFERRAL BONUS
* $1000 FOR PERFECT ATTENDANCE
• $200 UMBRA GIFT CARD
• Medical insurance
• Company matched 401K plan
• Generous employee product discounts
• Weekly pay and guaranteed 40 hours per week
• Free parking
The warehouse is conveniently located by public transit and we also provide free parking. Apply today!
About Our Company:
We’re Umbra… A leading global design company inspired and driven to perform.
We share a vision of creating original, modern, casual and affordable design for every room in the home. We are a privately owned, Canadian company with 40 years of industry experience. Led by one of our founders, our designs can be found in over 120 countries across five continents. Our global success is attributed to our entrepreneurial nature and a desire to push ourselves, and each other, beyond our limits.
Our business is growing quickly, and we are looking for Warehouse Equipment Operators for our Buffalo, New York location.
What Your Day Will Look Like:
• Load and unload freight to and from dock staging area in an efficient and safe manner.
• Use computer to verify and record incoming and outgoing shipments and prepare items for shipment.
• Update computer system with shipping and receiving information using scanning and data entry.
• Inspect incoming shipments for proper labelling, shortages, or damaged items.
• Move product from dock staging area to storage areas with the proper equipment and efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate area.
• Operate warehouse equipment (pallet jacks, forklifts) safely and efficiently.
• Pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped.
• Properly pack, label, and tag inventory in the warehouse.
• Ensure the cleanliness and proper stocking of inventory in the work area.
• Comply with company policy and procedures, including safety and MSDS standards.
• Assisting in general warehouse duties as required.
What You’ll Have:
• 1+ years of machine dock work experience preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Able to withstand prolonged standing and lift from 10 to 80 lbs. of weight.
• Forklift operator certification is a plus, will train right candidate!
• Good English oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Flexible to work extended hours and a variety of work assignments.
Day Shift Schedule: Monday to Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm
Apply online using the direct link below.