Dispatch / Logistics Coordinator in Buffalo, NY
Confidential Posted: 2021-04-14
Buffalo, NY 14219
Dispatcher position for an asset-based trucking company in business since 1981 and has over 40 years of experience in transportation and logistics on a national and international level. The dispatch coordinator’s primary focus is ongoing load planning and driver utilization. The ideal individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask using multiple means of communication, openly communicate with co-workers and drivers and contribute creative solutions to coordinate freight movement. The individual must also be able to work independently and on a team while maintaining and contributing to a
positive work environment.
• Ensure that all loads are dispatched promptly and schedules are met
• Inform the customer whenever schedules are modified, dispatches cannot be made properly or other problems arise
• Enter loads with precision and accuracy into the schedule and TMS
• Coordinate, assign, and manage loads in the TMS and dispatch schedule
• Scan driver schedule and calculate drivers HOS using ELD
• Dispatch drivers according to HOS and customer requirements
• Resolve and mediate driver conflicts and problems to avoid driver turnover by understanding driver preferences and monitoring performance
• Accurately process dispatch and driver paperwork
• Regular interaction with our maintenance department to schedule and assure truck availability for drivers
Ideal candidates have the following:
• 4-year bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required
• 1-3 years of professional experience (trucking and logistics is a plus)
• Possess strong organizational, troubleshooting, and multitasking skills
• Proficient with current office technology such as MS Office, Google Drive, TMS software, etc.
Salary is competitive plus bonuses and benefits that include health, vision, dental, 401K with match and paid vacations.
Please submit resumes to quick apply.