Director of Equity and Inclusion in Buffalo, NY
Neighborhood Health Center Posted: 2022-01-03
Buffalo, NY 14207
For more than 30 years, Neighborhood Health Center (NHC) has delivered quality healthcare to the communities we serve. NHC is dedicated to engaging adults and children in healthier lifestyles to create healthier neighborhoods across Western New York.
Neighborhood Health Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), is comprised of four locations and one mobile unit in and around Buffalo, NY. Our family medical services includes Primary Care, Dentistry, Behavioral Health, Ob/Gyn, Lab, Podiatry, Nutrition, Endocrinology and Pharmacy.
Neighborhood Health Center believes that health is a right, not a privilege. At NHC, we enjoy working in a team-based, patient-centered environment. We see the benefits of a diversified workplace that values our kind patients, providers, employees and the communities we serve.
We are GROWING! Neighborhood Health Center is actively seeking a Director of Equity and Inclusion to join our team of kind people. The Director of Equity and Inclusion will work cross-departmentally to provide strategic maintenance, oversight and creation and implementation of NHC’s diversity, equity, inclusion and justice work.
• Provide strategic leadership and administrative oversight for researching, developing, implementing and maintaining a range of successful practices for supporting an organizational climate that values and prioritizes equity, diversity, inclusion and justice.
• Use evidence based strategies to assist NHC in developing efforts in creating and sustaining a culture that embraces and promotes diversity and inclusion in their broadest meanings. Particular emphasis is placed on the development of long-term strategies and collaborations designed to enhance organizational climate to increase the recruitment, support, retention of employees of color and with diverse backgrounds. Manages strategic plan objectives related to equity and inclusion.
• Work closely with the President & CEO and key organization leaders to strategize, develop, implement and monitor programs designed to ensure equitable treatment of all employees, building a culture of inclusion.
• Provide strategic guidance and direction to the Equity Workgroup (EWG) and Equity Advisory Committee (EAC) to ensuring they are working effectively and contributing to supporting overall efforts of diversity, equity, inclusion and justice.
This platform limits the number of characters in this posting. Please view the complete posting via our careers page on company website before applying.
• Progressive experience in workforce diversity, equity and inclusion, equal employment opportunity, social justice, or related fields required.
• Knowledge and experience in cultural competency skills development and implementing equity, diversity and inclusion programs, trainings and educational tools
• A fundamental understanding of current issues and challenges facing individuals from historically marginalized communities including sensitivity to racial equity/diversity
• Experience advancing an organizational culture into one of inclusivity, equity, and diversity in a for-profit or not-for-profit environment, not-for-profit environment strongly preferred
• Education or experience in the principles and practices of Trauma-Informed, Resilience Oriented Care strongly preferred.
• Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
• Superb organizational skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to work proactively and take initiative.
• Results-oriented; creative and persistent in accomplishing tasks.
• Highly responsive, timely, accurate and thorough in follow-up and follow-through.
• Highly flexible, positive and results-oriented attitude.
• Excellent in managing shifting priorities and timelines.
• Outstanding project and time-management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language, with a second language of Spanish preferred.
• Excellent judgment and discretion.
Interested? Call, Visit, Apply!
If you have the right combination of skills and experience, want to work for a mission driven organization and be part of our growth story, apply today. Please apply via our Careers Page, nhcwny.org/careers or via email to Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Director of Diversity and Inclusion in the subject line. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email. Neighborhood Health Center conducts background checks and reference checks for final candidates.
Neighborhood Health Center is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the practice of equity and inclusion.
To apply, please visit our Careers page: https://nhcwny.org/careers/overview/