Direct Support Staff (DSP) in Amherst, NY
Heritage Christian Services Posted: 2022-08-05
Amherst, NY 14228
We're hiring direct support staff (DSPs) to assist adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
These positions are in high demand so you’ll be developing a skillset that will always be essential.
Perks of working with Heritage Christian include schedule flexibility, a supportive work culture, job training and professional development.
We’re making the hiring process easier by using a video interviewing technology called HireVue.
After completing your online application, record your job interview using your computer or smartphone at a time that works for you.
HireVue will send you an email with a link and instructions. If you can’t complete your interview right away, we’d love for you to complete it within a few days.
One of our recruiters will be in touch within one to two business days with next steps.
We can’t wait to see what you have to offer.
• Listen attentively and take genuine interest in people as they enjoy meals, maintain personal hygiene, and keep their schedules
• Support people in their meaningful relationships with friends, family and loved ones, which include get-togethers, phone calls and more
• Assist with medical needs, including monitoring health, administering medication, and completing accurate documentation
• Drive agency vehicles to provide transportation for people
• Collaborate with co-workers to maintain a positive and safe work environment
We have positions throughout Erie and Niagara counties, including Amherst, Clarence, Grand Island, Lancaster, Lockport, Lewiston, Hamburg, North Tonawanda, Sanborn, Tonawanda, and Wheatfield. .
• A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from work is required
• Strong communication skills
• The physical ability to lift and transfer people who rely on wheelchairs for mobility
• A high school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to use a computer efficiently
• Residential positions start at $15.75/hour, with opportunity to earn more for certain shifts.
• Holidays — Full-time employees receive 11 paid holidays a year, including three that can be flexed for days that are important to them.
• Vacation time — begin to accrue vacation time immediately and can use vacation hours after six months of benefit-eligible employment.
• Paid sick leave — All employees begin to accrue paid sick leave immediately upon hire and can use it upon accrual as needed.
• Retirement plan – Heritage Christian Services contributes to employee retirement funds after 12 months and/or 1,000 hours of employment; it’s invested money that employees can use at upon retirement.
Please with resume via Company link
Text HIREME@HCS to97211