Direct Support Professional Day Services in Amherst, NY
Autism Services, Inc. Posted: 2022-10-26
Amherst, NY 14221
Creating meaningful opportunities that enrich the lives of autistic people, their families and their communities.
Direct Support Professional Day Services - $17.00 per hour!
Full-time positions, first shift, Monday – Friday. Competitive pay rates, excellent benefits, PTO, flexible hiring, 403b employer match, paid training and a creative work environment.
Day Services Openings
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 3:30 PM - One day until 4 PM
$500 Sign-on Bonus after 6 months plus up to $3,000 in
Healthcare Worker Bonuses!
To be a contributing member of the Day Program interdisciplinary team. To support the person while they are participating in meaningful activities as indicated by Person Centered Planning. Provides awake supervision of individuals and property during shift hours. Provides a safe, clean environment for the people we support. Responsible for ensuring that confidentiality is strictly maintained concerning all agency related information
- Review and follow the plans of care for the people we support by assisting them in
- Completing meaningful activities (provide active treatment/ follow levels of supervision).
- Complete documentation both timely and thoroughly.
- Encourage the people we support to work at the highest level of independence by utilizing the least restrictive prompt.
- Assist the people we support in caring for the environment to maintain efficiency within the program.
- Maintain open communication with the team and provide support and ideas to the Team Leader, Manager or Assistant Director for the development of new learning experiences and activities.
- Provide transportation for the people we support to and from Day Program as assigned by your supervisor.
- High School Diploma, GED or willingness to enroll in a high school equivalency program and obtain a high school equivalent diploma within 6 months of employment.
- Valid New York State driver's license.
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position when performing the following: standing, walking, sitting, grasping, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling and climbing.
- Ability to move, reposition, and lift and transfer individuals as required by prescribed program/ plan.
* Competitive Pay Rates
* Generous Paid Time Off
* 403b Retirement Plan Match
* Flexible Work Schedules
* Excellent Medical Benefits
* Unique Culture & Philosophy
Or Text INTERVIEW to (716) 364-3295 and schedule your interview today!
Apply online at www.autism-services-inc.org/careers, or email your resume to email@example.com.