Dental Hygienist in Blasdell, NY
Neighborhood Health Center Posted: 2020-10-23
Blasdell, NY 14219
Neighborhood Health Center (NHC) is GROWING and actively seeking a Dental Hygienist.
Dental Hygienists are part of the Provider team at NHC and serve as a member of the integrated services clinical model. For more than 30 years, NHC has delivered quality healthcare to the communities we serve. There are many fantastic benefits to a career at NHC.
• Provides direct patient care including dental prophylaxis, examinations, topical fluoride applications, dental sealants, as well as scaling and root planning
• Provides patient education related to oral hygiene and dental health
• Sets up and operates all dental equipment/medical equipment
• Performs radiology testing as required including panoramics and bitewings.
• Cleans and disinfects dental operatory per clinic protocols.
• Communicates openly and appropriately with patients and families.
• Maintains patient treatment records per clinic protocols and regulatory bodies.
• Performs all other patient services as permitted under state law.
• Graduate of an accredited dental hygiene program.
• Must possess a current NYS Professional Dental Hygiene license and CPR certification.
• Minimum of one (1) year experience in a general dental practice setting.
• Outstanding “bedside manners”: patient-centric with empathy, excellent active listening and communication skills, engaging and efficient
• Outstanding clinical capabilities and judgment
• Passionate about providing high quality primary health care to low-income, underserved residents and those lacking access to health care
• Focused on collaborative team-based care
• Responsive and comfortable working in a fast-paced, high accountability environment
• Proficient in EHR systems
• Excellent judgment and ability to prioritize resources where they will be most useful
• Comfortable receiving and providing appreciative and corrective feedback
• Engaged in learning and continuous quality improvement
• Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with a culturally diverse patient and staff population
• Proficient in working with in-person or telephonic interpreters
There are many fantastic benefits to a career at Neighborhood Health Center. In addition to working to effect positive change in the health and lives of thousands of residents of Western New York, Neighborhood Health Center offers its full-time employees a stimulating, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 403b, flexible spending accounts, and generous paid time off. Aside from excellent benefits, we offer a competitive salary and annual bonuses based on patient care.
At Neighborhood Health Center, we enjoy working in a team-based, patient-centered environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that values our patients and the communities we serve.
How to apply:
If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of patients and in the health of our communities of Buffalo and Western New York, and if the position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to improve the health of our communities, please visit our website to apply or submit your resume and cover letter. A background check and a computer literacy test is required for finalists for this position. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Neighborhood Health Center is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the practice of equity and inclusion.
To apply, please visit our Careers page or Quick Apply with resume below: