Dental Hygienist in Blasdell, Buffalo, NY
Neighborhood Health Center Posted: 2021-11-23
Blasdell, Buffalo, NY 14219
Neighborhood Health Center (NHC) is GROWING & actively seeking a Dental Hygienist for both Blasdell and Buffalo positions. The successful candidate for this position will enjoy working in a fast paced environment with a diverse group of individuals. At NHC a Hygienist provides direct patient care, provides support to Dentists and performs a wide range of dental services as permitted by state law and within range of the hygienist's experience. Bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Neighborhood Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). FQHCs are required to comply with the governor's recent mandate requiring hospital and nursing home workers to get the COVID-19 vaccine. You will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination if an offer of employment is made. The vaccine mandate applies to all personnel employed or affiliated with a covered entity, including volunteers and students. Only a limited medical exemption remains for qualifying individuals.
- Provides direct patient care including dental prophylaxis, examinations, topical fluoride applications, dental sealants, as well as scaling and root planning
- Provides patient education related to oral hygiene and dental health
- Sets up and operates all dental equipment/medical equipment
- Performs radiology testing as required including panoramics and bitewings.
- Cleans and disinfects dental operatory per clinic protocols.
- Communicates openly and appropriately with patients and families.
- Maintains patient treatment records per clinic protocols and regulatory bodies.
- Performs all other patient services as permitted under state law.
- Graduate of an accredited dental hygiene program.
- Must possess a current NYS Professional Dental Hygiene license and CPR certification.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a general dental practice setting.
- Outstanding “bedside manners”: patient-centric with empathy, excellent active listening and communication skills, engaging and efficient
- Outstanding clinical capabilities and judgment
- Passionate about providing high quality primary health care to low-income, undeserved residents and those lacking access to health care
Benefits: There are many fantastic benefits to a career at Neighborhood Health Center. In addition to working to effect positive change in the health and lives of thousands of residents of Western New York, Neighborhood Health Center offers its full-time employees a stimulating, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 403b, flexible spending accounts, and generous paid time off. Aside from excellent benefits, we offer a competitive salary and annual bonuses based on patient care. This position will offer a signing bonus, a quarter of which to be paid out at hire, and the remaining 75% after success completion of 120 days of employment.
At Neighborhood Health Center, we enjoy working in a team-based, patient-centered environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that values our patients and the communities we serve.
To apply, please visit our Careers page or Quick Apply with resume below: