Delivery Driver in BUFFALO, NY
PWD-Buffalo, LLC- Pella Windows Posted: 2023-09-07
BUFFALO, NY 14225
Salary Range: $21 to $22.18 per hour based on experiencePella Windows and Doors of Western New York is looking to hire a Delivery Driver.
Applicants MUST have a valid New York State driver's license (CDL license is not required); previous delivery driver experience; able to lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. or over 100 lbs. (with assistance); and be able to pass a drug test and background check.
Deliveries will be made in the Western New York and Rochester area.
Excellent verbal and written English language skills are required as well as good customer service skills.
Able to read and comprehend simple instructions such as safety rules, short correspondence and unit labels.
Able to write simple correspondence. Must be a team player and exhibit a strong desire to learn and promote self-growth. Must be pro-active, self-motivated, and have the ability to follow assignments through to completion.
Attention to detail is required.
Familiarity with computers is preferred.
Able to utilize cell phone to take pictures.
Work environment includes warehouse facilities, delivery vehicle, customer job sites. Temperature fluctuates with seasons.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Drives truck loaded with Pella products to customer jobsite or other predetermined location, occasionally picks-up return products.
• Loads and unloads trucks per delivery paperwork.
• Works in a way that protects the product from damage during the delivery process.
• Performs visual quality inspections on product while loading and unloading.
• Collects money from customers on COD orders and issues a customer receipt.
• Notifies manager or coworkers of shortages, discrepancies or anticipated needs.
• Obtains customer signature as a verification of delivery or pick-up via a signature or photo.
• Develop continuous improvement suggestions.
• Ensure vehicle is operated in safe manner at all times, in all conditions.
• Reports maintenance needs on delivery vehicles.
• Maintains DOT logbook.
• Meets company safety requirements by keeping work area neat and clean, following safety precautions and wearing required safety apparel (i.e., shoes, safety glasses, fall protection, seat belt, etc.).
• Must have a valid New York State driver’s license and be in compliance with the company Fleet Safety Policy.
Please apply with resume via Quick Apply