Custodian/Janitor in Buffalo, NY
Hearts for the Homeless Posted: 2022-04-21
Buffalo, NY 14223
Hearts for the Homeless, a faith based non-profit, was founded in 1990 with a mission to serve the chronic homeless as well as other underserved populations.
Hearts is able to fund its mission through donor support and entrepreneurial ventures such as the thrift store operation and donated goods recycling program.
The red clothing donation bins provide items that are given away to those in need.
Donated items are also turned into dollars which support outreach programs such as the mobile soup kitchen and food pantry.
The Facilities Maintenance Coordinator must be a team oriented individual capable of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Facilities Maintenance Coordinator duties include cleaning, building maintenance, operating a bale machine and a forklift.
The Facilities Maintenance Coordinator must have excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Cleaning work spaces, offices, kitchen, warehouse and garage.
• Building maintenance
• Take out the garbage and recycling
• Snow Removal
• Operating bale machine
• Operating forklift
• Manage and empty bottle and can returns
• Clean bottle and can machines
• Proper storing of bottles and cans
• Light carpentry
• Light painting and drywalling
• Other responsibilities as directed by the Program Manager
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
• Must be able to work on your feet up to eight hours a day.
• Must be able to lift products (boxes, bags, product) weighing up to 60 pounds.
• Qualifications: the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the job.
• Team work, good communication skills to work closely within the department.
• Heavy lifting.
• Excellent communication, organizational and multitasking skills.
• Requires good attendance and punctuality. Must have reliable transportation.
• Drivers license is required
• Forklift certification preferred
• Own and be able to utilize a smart phone required
• Hiring is conditional upon passing a drug test and background check
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 to $19.00 per hour
• Dental insurance
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
PLease apply with resume below