Counselor for Children/Family Services (Southtowns/North Collins) in North Collins , NY
BestSelf Behavioral Health Posted: 2023-11-08
North Collins , NY 14111
Salary Range: $52,000-$66,242.27 per year full timeAre you a committed, enthusiastic, caring, and licensed counselor ready to make a meaningful impact on the lives of others?
We're inviting talented professionals like you submit an application to join our passionate team.
At BestSelf Behavioral Health, our mission is to empower everyone to become their BestSelf and that absolutely includes our employees!
We have a variety of schedules available. Part time includes any hours between 18-34 hours per week) & full time includes 35, 37.5, or 40 hours per week.
Schedule may vary based on program but are typically Monday-Friday.
Some programs may require evening and weekend availability (if that interests you, please let us know when we contact you!). Hybrid between in office and remote work may be an option for many of our programs
Have you heard about us?
At BestSelf Behavioral Health, we're redefining the world of mental health and wellness with our pioneering and comprehensive services.
We're not just a mental health provider; we're mental health innovators.
We believe in reimagining mental health and wellness solutions to provide the best care to our communities. Join us on a journey of personal and professional growth, where your passion for making a difference can truly shine and your expertise will play a pivotal role in creating more innovative, evidence-based strategies for well-being.
Approximately 1 in 5 youth aged 13-18 experience severe mental disorders.
We recognize how crucial prioritizing mental health is, especially in youth & young adults.
Through our clinics and WNY school based services at BestSelf Behavioral Health, we support families, schools, and communities in creating environments & experiences that foster positive growth and development.
Our innovative programs provide children & young adults (along with their families) the assistance they need during this exciting yet challenging transition into adulthood.
How will you inspire others to become their BestSelf?
A Counselor at BestSelf Behavioral Health works directly with individuals facing various mental health, substance use, or co-occurring challenges, employing evidence-based & trauma informed care practices. The Counselor will provide individual and group therapy, support services for families, and crisis counseling. They collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to perform comprehensive assessments, diagnosis, treatment planning, discharges, and appropriate client referrals.
In times of crisis, Counselors respond promptly and expertly, developing safety plans to ensure clients' well-being. Counselors will also embrace a harm reduction model to promote healthier choices and behaviors, fostering recovery, and growth. A Counselor at BestSelf can expect a workday that is dynamic, inspiring, and extremely rewarding. .
If you meet the following criteria, apply today!
• Minimum Master's degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Marriage & Family Therapy, or CASAC-T/CASAC-P required.
• Professional licensure: LMSW, LMFT, MHC-P, CASAC, CRC, LMHC, LCSW preferred.
• Must have knowledge of a variety of common intervention techniques, common mental health diagnoses, substance use interventions and resources.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Must be familiar with community resources to be able to appropriately link clients.
• Minimum proficiency with Windows based software applications is required.
• Must have experience with Electronic Medical Records databases and basic computer skills.
• Must appreciate cultural diversity and be aware of cross cultural counseling issues.
• Valid Drivers License, vehicle in working condition (with valid inspection, registration, and insurance), ability to travel between sites, & Defensive Driving Course (only applicable for some of our community & mobile programs).
Some things you can look forward to:
• Welcoming, team environment, that inspires you to thrive and be your BestSelf!
• Rewarding work experience!
• Generous paid time off
• Flexible schedule
• Sign on bonus
• Opportunity to increase leadership development by coaching & developing interns
• Intern supervisors eligible for stipends at the conclusion of each semester
• Quarterly productivity bonus up to $6,220 per year (with a potential to go even higher)
• Community stipend per pay (applicable to our defined community & mobile programs)
• Language stipend per pay (if fluent in another language that supports our clients)
• Shift stipend (applicable to our residential programs)
• Various student loan forgiveness programs
• Multiple and diverse health insurance options
• Many other unique lifestyle & personal insurance options
• Tuition reimbursement
• CASAC certification tuition support
• Professional license/certification renewal reimbursement
• Defensive driving course reimbursement (if required for position)
• Career growth and advancement opportunities
• We look forward to telling you more!
Determined based on education, level of licensure/certification, and experience.
Increases given when new licensure obtained.
35 hours per week: $43,500-$51,986.53 per year full time or $23.91-$28.57 per hour part time
37.5 hours per week: $46,607.14-$55,699.85 per year full time or $23.91-$28.57 per hour part time
40 hours per week: $49,714.28-$59,413.17 per year full time or $23.91-$28.57 per hour part time
• 35 hours per week: $45,500-$57,961.99 per year full time or $25-$31.85 per hour part time
• 37.5 hours per week: $48,750-$62,102.13 per year full time or $25-$31.85 per hour part time
• 40 hours per week: $52,000-$66,242.27 per year full time or $25-$31.85 per hour part time
We offer a variety of Benefits:
• Sign-On Bonus
• Health Insurance Options
• Employee Referral Bonus
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Generous paid time off
Remember to be your Best Self!
Please apply with resume at Company Link