Cost Accountant in Buffalo, NY
Litelab Corporation Posted: 2021-01-11
Buffalo, NY 14203
Litelab Corp., a world class manufacturer of architectural lighting equipment is looking for a talented, motivated and experienced COST ACCOUNTANT to join our Buffalo, NY based accounting team. The cost accountant is responsible for analyzing projects and evaluating the actual results against estimated costs prepared at quotation.
The successful candidate will have regular interaction with the Materials Group, IT, Engineering, Sales and Manufacturing.
· Assist estimator in making sure all appropriate costs are captured in project quotations.
· Support engineering and product development staff in calculating cost estimates for new products.
· Provide analysis of margins by product class for further evaluation.
· Maintain standard costing data and various overhead rates.
· Create and monitor internal controls surrounding the capture of accurate cost data and inventory accuracy and valuation.
· Prepare accurate daily, weekly, and monthly reports on a timely basis.
Education and Experience:
· A bachelor’s degree in Accounting is preferred, although a combination of a degree in general business management or finance with relevant experience is acceptable. 3-5 years of experience working in an accounting environment.
· Must have a strong cost system background and excellent analytical skills, and a solid understanding of accounting principles.
· Involvement working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards.
· Must be detail oriented with the ability to take initiative, be assertive and have good follow-through.
· Ability to work independently, gather data from various sources and determine its relevance and reliability.
· Strong computer and communication skills are a must.
Litelab offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, free parking and the ability to grow with a successful company.
Interested candidates can apply on our website below or send resume to below email.