Construction Inspectors in Buffalo, NY
Watts Architecture & Engineering Posted: 2021-04-14
Buffalo, NY 14203
Watts Architecture & Engineering is a full-service architecture and engineering firm excelling in architecture, civil, environmental, transportation, structural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering and construction monitoring services.
Our Buffalo office is currently recruiting for Construction Inspectors at all levels for local infrastructure, highway, bridge and other public works construction projects. The position will represent the owner’s interests and provide oversight of the general contractor’s conformance to the contract documents.
• The successful candidate must have solid inspection experience and general all-around knowledge of infrastructure construction including highways, bridges, site work, traffic control, drainage, paving, concrete work and health and safety.
• The position requires a degree in a related field and a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
• Skilled in the use of standard software applications.
• Good attitude and communications skills, including written materials.
• A Bachelors or Associates degree preferred, NICET certification required.
• Ensure compliance with the contract requirements
• Document the progression of work
• Keep records
• Respond to technical inquiries
• Review shop drawings and material/equipment submittals
• Resolve field problems
• Process payment requests
• Monitor schedule and budget
• Provide overall project communications
The starting salary is based on the candidate’s education and experience.
Send resume in confidence to: Watts Architecture & Engineering, 95 Perry Street, Suite 300, Buffalo, NY 14203
Or apply with resume below