Community Health Worker in Buffalo, NY
Buffalo Prenatal-Perinatal Network, Inc. Posted: 2021-09-08
Buffalo, NY 14202
The Community Health Worker will be a community resident of the targeted area; writing ability to the level to record case visits, referral forms, etc.; reading ability to the level necessary to comprehend training materials and assist others to fill out forms; etc.The candidate should demonstrate evidence of strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrate ability to problem solve, be self-directed, is able to work in an unstructured (field) setting, is at ease in meeting and talking to people in various situations, have knowledge of the community, community organizations and community leaders and be able to work flexible hours including evening hours.
Education: High School Diploma (required) Associates Degree (preferred)
Experience: Some experience in the Human Service field
Days/Shift: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm Full Time (occasional evening hours)
· Develop and maintain relationships with community leaders and community gate keepers to assist in gaining program acceptance by the community.
· Conduct interviews in the home and other locations to identify, inform and assist individuals and families access health, social and other types of services needed to assure positive health outcomes.
· Able to reach and enroll your own clients, maintaining a caseload of 25 monthly.
· Provide intensive case management services including assessment, problem identification, prioritization and resolution, care coordination information and education.
· Transport clients to Medical & WIC appointments when necessary.
· Provide on going social and emotional support and assisting the client to learn to utilize the complex health system and other community service systems.
· Attends education and training programs.
· Completed referral forms and other reports as necessary.
· Assumes other program related tasks as assigned.
Must own or have access to motor vehicle to do daily home visits.
Must be mobile to visit homes throughout Buffalo area
Spend minimum of 20% of workday at desk writing reports, making phone calls, filing reports, etc.
Must be able to lift miscellaneous items under 35 lbs. without assistance.
Must be able walk to do street and door-to-door outreach.
Submit resumes by email to quick apply.
Mail: Toni Nevins, Buffalo Prenatal-Perinatal Network
625 Delaware Avenue, Suite 410
Buffalo, NY 14202
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Equal Opportunity Employer