Child Development Specialist in Buffalo, NY
Community Action Organization of WNY (CAO) Posted: 2021-02-01
Buffalo, NY 14214
Make a Change, Make a Difference
• Child Development Specialist: Bachelors or Masters in Early Childhood or Child Development
$40,000.00 Annually Onwards
Community Action Organization of Western New York has been serving over 56,000 individuals and families since 1965. With a commitment to educational advancement, workforce development, neighborhood revitalization, community health and economic advancement, we need talented people who want to make a difference in their community to join our team of professionals. Sound like you? Make the difference in the lives of others. Enrich your own life in the process.
SUMMARY Provides direct rehabilitative services to chemically addicted patients, guiding them to normal community life by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure compliance with all education-related Head Start Program Performance Standards, Child Care Licensing and all other regulations.
· Ensure that the vision, philosophy and values of CAO Head Start/Early Head Start are integrated in all classrooms, activities and learning approaches.
· Observe and assess learning environments, ensuring that teaching staff are effectively implementing the curriculum, creating complete lesson plans at least a week ahead of time, completing all needed paperwork, keeping the classroom safe, and creating a positive, warm classroom environment.
· Provide regular on-site coaching and mentoring to teaching staff, assisting them in all education-related areas, including, but not limited to, classroom management, lesson planning, adhering to the daily schedule and individualization.