Case Manager in Buffalo, NY
Gerard Place Posted: 2021-01-05
Buffalo, NY 14215
Program: Homelessness Prevention Services for at risk families and individuals
Full time exempt, competitive salary, excellent benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
-Assist/maintain clients who are at risk of homelessness through supportive services, including but not limited to utility assistance, rent arrears, security deposits, rental assistance, moving costs, Public Assistance through
Erie County Department of Social Service and referral/linkage to any other services needed. - Develop, monitor and maintain all components of client records.
- Maintain relationships with client landlords.
-Complete all documentation as well as other pertinent paper work in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist with home visits/apartment inspections. Due to COVID-19, in-person visits/inspections are limited to those that are only absolutely necessary.
- Ensure that all needed program components are utilized to strengthen the family’s self-sufficiency. Provide coordination and accountability for client’s program adherence.
- Provide ongoing support, guidance and implementation of supportive services.
- Attend appropriate trainings, coalitions and in services to increase job knowledge.
- Case management assistance in other programs as needed.
- Other duties assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related field plus 2 years of experience in human services field.
- Prevention experience a plus.
- Demonstrates skills in working with clients from various backgrounds and cultures and embraces Gerard Place’s mission to strengthen families.
- NYS driver’s license; Department of Motor Vehicle and background check required for employment.
- Must have own transportation.
Salary range: $34,970-$45,110 annually
Competitive benefits package: Benefits are available the first of the month following date of hire and include health and fully paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance. Eligibility for our 403b retirement
plan is available to full-time employees upon hire. Excellent time off benefits include holidays, vacation and personal time.
Application deadline: Open until filled. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Email resume and cover letter to Jill Mattson at below email.
or mail to: Gerard Place, Attn: Jill Mattson, 2515 Bailey Ave., Buffalo, NY 14215
No phone calls please.
Gerard Place is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).