Case Manager in Buffalo, NY
Community Action Organization of WNY (CAO) Posted: 2020-10-27
Buffalo, NY 14214
Make a Change, Make a Difference
Community Action Organization of Western New York has been serving over 56,000 individuals and families since 1965. With a commitment to educational advancement, workforce development, neighborhood revitalization, community health and economic advancement, we need talented people who want to make a difference in their community to join our team of professionals. Sound like you? Make the difference in the lives of others. Enrich your own life in the process.
Provides support to clients on an individual basis to remove obstacles to facilitate obtaining and sustaining employment and/or training opportunities.
Manages a case load of job seeking clients by providing counseling, referrals, job training, and job placement assistance. Incumbent performs as advocate (i.e. working with the courts, probation officers, social workers etc. on behalf of the client) assesses needs and identifies resources to insure clients are receiving all available services. Acts as focal point to clients and service providers to resolve issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned
1. Performs department in-take process
2. Interviews clients to determine level and breadth of assistance required
3. Assess level of employ-ability and prioritize training needs
4. Make referrals to other CAO services where appropriate
5. Works with client to establish goals and develop plans once assessment is complete
6. Work as liaison between the employer and employee to ensure needs are met
7. Perform job matching services, utilizing CAO job bank and other employment sources
8. Serves as primary contact for clients and partnering agencies
9. Coordinates linkages to community partners for services where warranted
10. Issues authorization for stipends
11. Keeps extensive and accurate records to assure compliance with CSBG and ARRA fund guidelines
12. Ensures that client placement goals are achieved
13. Demonstrates on-going effort to work cooperatively to provide seamless customer service to clients and collaborators
14. Practices confidentiality in accordance with Federal confidentiality rules and regulations.
15. Conducts job readiness training sessions and/or presentations
16. Performs follow-up and reporting on training and placement activity
17. Provides special in-take services to walk-ins, at various locations, on a rotating basis
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree in Sociology or related field with 2+ years experience in employment placement and counseling. Masters degree in one of the Social Services fields preferr