Carpenter in Clarence, NY
inLighten Posted: 2021-11-02
Clarence, NY 14031
We are looking to hire a skilled carpenter with knowledge of various carpentry techniques. You will be responsible for layout, installation, repairing, finishing, and maintaining various structures, fixtures, and buildings. Other duties will include designing, cutting, and measuring materials according to the project requirements.
A successful applicant should be hardworking, reliable, and have good communication and organizational skills. You must have completed an apprenticeship in carpentry or have equivalent experience in the field.
Carpenter Job Responsibilities:
• Installing wooden/metal structures such as roofing frames, rafters, partitions, joists and stud work.
• Installs foundations, walls, floors, ceilings using materials such as: wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, sketches or building plans.
• Prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
• Assisting with structural design, planning, layout, and installation.
• Conduct repair work and installation of doors, windows, drywall, cabinets, stairs, and other fixtures as required.
• Ability to assess the quality of woodwork and materials.
• Ability to operate tools, machines, and other equipment.
• Compliance with local building codes, and health and safety regulations.
• Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground levels.
• Ability to stand for prolonged periods, climb, pull, and lift heavy objects.
• Cleans up worksite debris.
Education / Experience:
• High school diploma.
• Completion of a recognized apprenticeship or a minimum of 4 years experience as a journey-level carpenter.
• Additional certification may be required.
• Good communication skills.
• Physically fit with good hand-eye coordination.
• Knowledge of mathematics.
Resumes to quick apply.