Café Manager in Lockport, NY
YWCA of Niagara Frontier Posted: 2022-08-22
Lockport, NY 14094
The YWCA of the Niagara Frontier, Inc. is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
Primary responsibility for overseeing production and operations of the small coffee shop owned by a non-profit origination which may include budgets, quality assurance and customer services.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
1. Maintain records of inspections, official reports and expenditures.
2. Perform weekly/monthly inventory.
3. Order bake goods, beverages and all supplies for the Café.
4. Hire, train, maintain and organize a work schedule.
5. Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
6. Strong Customer Service skills. Greet customers and prepare orders.
7. Able to work as part of a team.
8. Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
9. Performs other duties, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
• Prolong periods standing and walking.
• Must be able to access and navigate all areas of Café.
Experience: Managing a café/coffee shop.
Certificates and Licenses:
• Valid Driver's License
• Serve safe manager Certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
• Familiar with standard food service equipment
• Knowledge of food preparation and inventory control procedures
• Oral and written communications skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent problem-solving skills
Please apply with resume via Quick Apply below
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990.