Buyer in Silver Creek, NY
S. Howes Inc Posted: 2022-01-13
Silver Creek, NY 14136
S. Howes LLC is a process equipment manufacturer with a rich history. Our original company was established in 1856 and has evolved with the marketplace for process equipment over time. We pride ourselves on engineering excellence, unsurpassed quality and customer intimacy. S. Howes LLC is wholly owned by Carrier Process Equipment Group (CPEG) which is in turn owned by its employees through an ESOP.
Responsibilities for the Buyer position include but not limited to:
1. Communication skills both internally and externally, phone, email, etc.
2. Negotiating with suppliers
3. Complete purchase orders from supplier acknowledgements and for production and office staff
4. Work with engineering to obtain drawings and Bills of Material (BOM’s) in a timely manner
5. Participate in production meetings
6. Contact suppliers for follow-up and expediting to insure on time delivery
7. Resolve problems with Suppliers as directed by buyers as it relates to delivery, invoices, quantities, etc.
8. Monitor production schedule and ensure raw materials and components are delivered, inventoried and organized in shop
9. Updating job records while logging, scanning and storing required supplier documents in the individual job folders on the network
10. Experience purchasing ASME code materials a plus
11. Knowledge of inventory procedures
12. Administer safety training – videos, etc.
13. Handle special projects as assigned.
The Company offers full medical benefits as well as accident and voluntary critical illness insurance as described in the employee benefits guide. Retirement benefits are offered through the Carrier Retirement 401(k) Plan. You will also eligible for the Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) and the Cash Balance Retirement Plan after one year of employment. Disability benefits are also offered in accordance with the benefits guide. Dental, vision and employer paid term life insurance are also offered as benefits.
To apply, direct apply.