Building Guard in Buffalo, NY
Buffalo & Erie County Public Library Posted: 2022-07-11
Buffalo, NY 14203
Building Guards Wanted for Downtown Central Library
$17.848 per hour to start
Health insurance, paid time off, and retirement benefits available!
Current registration as a Security Guard by the State of New York, Department of State, Division of Licensing Services is required.
• Controls access to building and property;
• Maintains order;
• Prevents trespass, loitering, theft, and property damage;
• Protects employees and public against physical harm caused by others;
• Calling police, emergency medical services (EMS) and/or fire departments in cases of emergency;
• Provides initial intervention such as first aid/CPR/AED (training provided) while awaiting arrival of emergency responders;
• Utilizes state-of-the-art security equipment to monitor library buildings and property and dispatch as required;
• Assists visitors by directing them to appropriate locations.