Bookkeeper in Cheektowaga, NY
Endeavor Health Services Posted: 2022-09-14
Cheektowaga, NY 14225
Bookkeeper – Sign on bonus up to $1,000!
Endeavor Health Services is looking for a Bookkeeper to join our accounting team.
The position is full-time position, Monday-Friday.
We offer competitive salary and an array of employee benefits, including medical, dental, company paid vision and life insurance, 401(K) with company contribution, paid holidays, and generous paid vacation and sick time.
• Preparation and posting of journal entries.
• Calculation and recording of prepaid expense amortizations.
• Determination and booking of fixed assets depreciation (we use straight line).
• Bank reconciliations.
• General ledger account analysis and reconciliations.
• Prepare bank deposits, deliver to near-by bank, and post into the general ledger.
• Set up and maintain spreadsheets using minimum intermediate Excel skills.
• Assist Controller and Director of Finance with monthly closings and ad-hoc projects (we will train).
• Function as a back-up for Accounts Payable when needed (we will train).
As a medium-size healthcare not-for-profit organization assisting specific sectors of the population, we welcome candidates that understand and embrace our mission. We value the dedication, commitment, and efforts that every employee invests in fulfilling their responsibilities with the highest level of quality, integrity and professional ethics.
• Education: Associate in Accounting or Business Administration, and at least 1-3 years of experience in accounting/finance.
• Excel proficiency minimum at intermediate level.
• Detailed-oriented, organized, proactive, eager to learn, and conscious of the importance of time management and meeting deadlines.
• Positive attitude and customer service approach when receiving instructions or requests.
• Prior basic experience with any accounting software: journal entries, GL, running reports, downloading information, etc (we will train in our software).
• Experience with not-for-profit entities or healthcare a plus (not required).
To apply, visit our website at below link.