Billing Manager in Buffalo, NY
BestSelf Behavioral Health Posted: 2023-05-11
Buffalo, NY 14202
• Effectively develop a successful team environment within the Accounts Receivable department and effectively supervise assigned staff.
• Develop reports, documents, and/or records reflecting all accounts receivable activities of BestSelf, including but not limited to A/R aging reports, monthly financial analyses, and productivity reports.
• Assures accurate, complete, and timely billing with maximum collections for all valid agency claims.
• Ensures compliance with all federal, state, county and local laws, rules, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to billing and collections activities.
• Works with Program Directors and Senior Management (SMT) as appropriate to develop and implement changes to methods or procedures in order to meet operational needs, improve accuracy and efficiency, and fully utilize the technological capabilities of the Agency's software systems.
• Manages all audits received by the clinical auditor
• Performs re-billing and refund services as necessary as a result of audits
Creates audit procedures for Medicaid rebilling, Department of Social Services, Private Insurance, Private Pay
• Meets weekly with Clinical Auditor, Senior Lead Biller, and Billing/IT Manager to ensure all services audited are correct and create procedures for auditing
• Audits all client billing records in Anasazi to ensure proper billing
• Informs Billing/IT Manager of all findings of the audits
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in business and four years experience in healthcare and/or behavioral healthcare accounts receivable, billing and collections, and office reception, with a minimum of two years in a supervisory capacity -OR- Associate's degree with six years experience.
• Knowledge of computerized accounts receivable and billing/collections software systems and the appropriate applications for healthcare and behavioral healthcare billing and collections.
• Skills in the preparation of accounts-receivable-related financial reports from such software systems.
• Thorough knowledge of government rules, regulations, guidelines and procedures for all aspects of healthcare billing, including but not limited to: billing with Medicaid, Medicare, third party payers/insurance companies, HMOs and managed care contracts; claims and denial follow-up and resolution; collections.
• Experience with behavioral healthcare preferred.
• Expertise and ability to assist in contract negotiations with payers, insurers, regulators, etc.
• This position is responsible for the oversight of Billing Supervisors. Supervisory responsibilities of these direct reports include consistent coaching, feedback, & development, review & approval of timecards, and completing performance reviews & development plans.
Remember to be your Best Self!
Please apply with resume at Company Link