Bank Platform/Customer Service Representative in Williamsville, NY
Western Division FCU Posted: 2021-09-23
Williamsville, NY 14221
The purpose of a Member Services Representative is to accurately and efficiently assist credit union members with their financial transactions, loan application processing, resolve problems, assist with questions and perform a variety of duties to support operations, internal departments and retail functions and promote and advise on the credit union products and services.
A successful Member Service Representative is able to connect a member’s needs with the correct credit union product or service with only the member’s best interest in mind.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
· It is the responsibility of the MSR to deliver outstanding service to members, as well as the internal team and the community; additionally, the
MSR must always represent the Credit Union in a professional and friendly manner, both internally and within the community.
· Maintains working knowledge of the Credit Union’s products and services, operations policies and procedures.
· Assists members with opening and closing accounts, answers questions about products and services and resolves problems that are within their
scope of authority. Refers problems that are beyond their authority to the next level supervisor, along with recommendations.
· Provides friendly, responsive services to members and cross sells appropriate products and services to benefit the member and maintain sales goals set forth by the credit union.
· Interviews and interacts with consumer loan applicants ensuring accurate, complete information and documentation is received from and
provided to applicants.
· Assists in the support of consumer lending and the loan documentation process for consumer lending as needed.
· Cross-sells credit union services.
· Complete all required annual regulatory and lending training as assigned
· Represents Western Division FCU to solve member concerns or account errors, including but not limited to resolving member issues and solving
complex member account problems.
· Ensures high quality communications to ensure member needs are met.
· Participates in credit union community development events and establishes community relationships supportive to the Credit Union.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Travel between the different Western Division FCU branches may be required to meet member service needs.
Required Education/Skills and Experience Included but not limited to the following:
Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the Credit Unions policies and procedures as well as regulations and compliance issues both state and federal. Required to attend or participate in necessary compliance training, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy, OFAC and CIP/MIP. Adheres to Credit Unions service standards and values.
Experience and Education:
Experience - 2 to 5 years of similar or related experience.
Credit union experience preferred.
Education - A high school education or GED. College Associates degree or higher is preferred.
Other Skills/Abilities Must have good communication skills. Knowledge and proficient use of Microsoft computer applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat. Must be capable of operating all types of office equipment including computer, copy machine, fax and telephone.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
· Notary Public (or be willing to obtain)
· Mortgage License Originator (or be willing to obtain)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in an indoor office environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please apply with resume below