Assistant Director of Client Nutrition in Buffalo, NY
FeedMore WNY Posted: 2021-09-29
Buffalo, NY 14206
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for administration, management and supervision of nutrition services, including program planning, evaluation and quality assurance of food service meal delivery, education, working with community agencies and the development and utilization of available resources. Day to day supervision of all tier level registered dietitians.
- Responsible for establishment of standards and training protocol, implementation and monitoring for all aspects of food service and site delivery in order to maintain safety, nutrient adequacy and palatability within the Agency. This would include providing orientation, training and in-service education for all Agency staff, Board members, volunteers and others as required for nutrition and food service.
- Plan, evaluate and approve menus based on current nutritional standards and diet therapy practice, client needs, ethnic diversity and logistical and budgeting considerations.
- Establish criteria and provide appropriate service to meet the specific nutritional needs of the participants, including nutrition education and individualized nutrition assessment, counseling and material development while maintaining compliance with federal and state regulation, approved dietetic practices and consideration of new developments in the field.
- Registration (R.D.) required by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association and New York State certification.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in nutrition with emphasis in community nutrition and 1 year community-based experience, including at least 1 year of supervisory or administrative experience.
- Or Master's degree in nutrition with 2 years community-based experience, including at least 1 year of supervisory or administrative experience.
- Or Bachelor's degree in nutrition with 3 years community-based experience, including at least 1 year of supervisory or administrative experience.
- Serv Safe Certification preferred
To apply send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Human Resources Department
100 James E. Casey Dr.
Buffalo, NY 14206
Or apply on our website with the link below.
FeedMore WNY is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to respecting diversity and individual differences.