Assembler in Lockport, NY
Advanced Energy Posted: 2022-06-02
Lockport, NY 14094
Performs basic and routine electronic assembly operations on components or subassemblies.
Assembles electronic components, sub-assemblies and chassis to meet production schedules and performance standards.
Duties and tasks are standardized but what is performed will vary day to day.
• Uses Operational Method Sheets, drawings, schematics, electronic assembly equipment and verbal/written instructions to assemble, modify, rework or re-assemble units
• Works on assignments that are semi routine in nature. The ability to recognize nonconformities is required
• Communicates openly and effectively in a professional manner
• Understands and follows all safety requirements
• Understands and follows ISO practices and procedures
• May assist with training other AE employees in established processes
• Considers the impact of quality on the customers when making decisions
• Other duties as assigned
• Works in a manufacturing environment which may be noisy and fast paced.
• Many tasks are repetitive in motion and include the use of electronic assembly equipment.
• Overtime (OT) may be required in times of increased production or service repairs.
• Standing 40% approx.
• Walking 20% approx.
• Sitting 40% approx.
• Carrying without assistance 30 LBS
• Pushing 50 LBS
• Pulling 50LBS
• Ability to perform basic reading, writing, and math functions
• Soldering skills preferred
• Ability to perform basic electro/mechanical assembly skills
• Component identification and the ability to read technical assembly documentation required
• Basic PC knowledge
• Knowledge of SAP preferred
• Ability to effectively work in a team environment
• Models positive and professional work ethics
• Considers the impact to quality when making decisions
• Previous experience in electro/mechanical assembly preferred
• Proven ability and experience maintaining flexibility and being able to adapt in a team environment
• Knowledge and understanding of ESD practices
• High school education or equivalentt.
As part of our total rewards philosophy, we believe in offering and maintaining competitive compensation and benefits programs for our employees to attract and retain a talented, highly engaged workforce.
Our compensation programs are focused on equitable, fair pay practices including market-based base pay, an annual pay-for-performance incentive plan, and discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
In addition to our competitive compensation practices, we offer a strong benefits package in each of the countries in which we operate.
In the U.S., we offer a rich benefits package that includes:
• Medical - 4 different health care plan options, dental, and vision
• Short and long-term disability and life insurance
• Health savings and flexible spending accounts
• Generous paid time off starting at 4 weeks, 7 holidays and 3 floating holidays
• 8 Hours of paid volunteer time off
• 8 weeks of paid parental leave for both Moms and Dads
• Company matched 401(k)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Expanded mental health coverage and employee assistance programs
• Other voluntary benefits include pet insurance, identify theft, legal assistance, critical illness, and voluntary accident insurance
Please apply with resume via Company link
Advanced Energy is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.